Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Greetings from Port Clyde.
As everyone is aware, Federal, State, and Local organizations are responding to the outbreak of COVID-19, and are making robust efforts to stay ahead of the virus. In response to this situation, the Leadership Team at PCCC has decided that we would do well in following the latest CDC guidelines for the time being. We feel that doing so is simply being prudent, and is just another example of something we can practically do in caring for one another.
Here is the outline of the short term plan that we want to get out to everyone at PCCC:
- In response to yesterday’s (Monday, 3/16) updated CDC recommendations released from the White House asking organizations to limit gatherings to no more than 10 people for at least the next 15 days, the Leadership team at Port Clyde Christian Church has decided that we will put our Sunday Services, our Friday Youth Group, and the next Women’s Bible Study on pause for the next two weeks.
- We are doing this out of an abundance of caution and reasonable prudence; not out of fear or panic. Our concern is for everyone in our fellowship.
- We will update everyone in our fellowship the week of March 30th as to whether or not we are going to continue the above measures, and with any additional measures or plans that we can pass along at that time.
- In the meantime, we recognize that these are certainly extraordinary times. We pray that as we all walk through this together, we will draw even closer to our Lord. In the meantime, please continue with your personal devotions and prayer, especially prayers for one another. Keep tabs on others within our church body. Make a concerted effort to make some calls each week.
- Finally, as mentioned this past Sunday, don’t hesitate to contact us if you fall ill, or are in need of any assistance.
We are so thankful for your partnership and participation in all aspects of church life within the Body of Christ here in Port Clyde. Please continue to be vigilant in prayer, and grounded in the Word!