Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,
Area churches are invited to participate in a Vicinage Council Saturday 21 October 2017. The Council will convene at 1pm at the Port Clyde Christian Church, 861 Port Clyde Road, Port Clyde, ME 04855. Each church is invited to send two of its leaders as delegates. The delegates will examine pastor Randall Thissell for ordination. The recommendation of the council will be made to the Port Clyde Christian Church.
• delegates sign the role as they arrive
• council convenes with prayer (by all, led by elder Tom Schwamb)
• elect a moderator (elder Scottie Rome can see to the election of the moderator)
• elect a scribe (the moderator will run the meeting from here out)
• church describes call to ministry (elder Scottie Rome)
• candidate describes call to ministry
• candidate presents paper
• candidate reviewed by council
• candidate excused while council deliberates
• candidate returns
• council makes recommendation to the church in favor of or against ordination
• council closes with prayer (moderator)
Whether or not to proceed with an ordination service will be decided by the Port Clyde Christian Church. The details of which the church will announce.
In order for the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference to credential Randall as an ordained minister they must receive:
• this written call to the Vicinage Council
• the minutes of the Vicinage Council, including the role of churches and ministers present
• the candidate’s ordination paper
• a copy of the service of ordination
• a copy of the ordination certificate
• Randall’s ministerial credentials application
If you are able to participate please RSVP to email@example.com and the candidate’s ordination paper will be emailed to you for your review.